- Jan 07 2024
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- in person
PS 9 Chess Tournament
P.S. 9 — 100 West 84th Street New York, NY at Columbus Avenue
Nearest Trains: 1 train to 79th or 86th Street, B or C trains at 81st or 86th Street
• K-1 Unrated – unrated U300 players (4 rounds, no clock)
• 2-5 – unrated U300 players (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Reserve – USCF Under U700 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Advanced – USCF Over 700 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
Tie-breaks: Modified Median, Solkoff.
All sections start at 10:00 a.m., please arrive between 9:00 am – 9:30 am.
Arrivals after 10:00 a.m. will play the second round and receive a half point bye.
Players in rated sections should bring clocks and score sheets.
USCF membership is required for all sections, except Unrated.
Please bring a chess clock if you have one. If neither player has a clock, one will be used for the end of
game at the tournament director’s discretion.
• Trophies to top 5 in each section
• Medals to top scorers
• Team Awards to top 3 schools in each section (Three to make a team, Top 4 Scores Count)
• Participation Prize for all participants
• $45 – Registration Fee if registered by October 18
• $50 – Registration fee from October 19th and on site by 9:30 AM
Online Registration: http://artsandathletics.org/chess/tournaments/
You can purchase a scholastic membership for your child at the following link:
FOOD AND DRINK
Snacks, drinks, and pizza available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the PS 9 PA
Contact Us: 212-621-9166, email@example.com